Thursday, July 9, 2009

Airport Comedy

This is just too good NOT to write about. I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to Chicago (I am going to visit my friend Meghan for the weekend). But before I got to my gray and black plastic chair, I had a a couple of crazy mishaps that any comedy writer would be excited to have!
P.S. excuse my grammar, I am getting on the plane in a few..so I am not proof reading (sorry Bethany)
So, I through the ticket process ok. No big deal, but when I got to the check-point for my bags, I got all the way to the front and the lady told me I went to the North side instead of the South side. I had to walk all the way to the other side of the airport and go through the Disneyland style roping to get to the front. The guy who checked my ID was really nice. THEN I put my stuff in the gray buckets (why is everything gray) and I kept waiting. I put my bags on the conveyor belt and the lady yelled at me, so I pulled them back, then one tray slipped forward and she yelled again! Once I got through that, I went to find something to eat. I am a vegetarian and there is no good food for vegetarians. So i ended up with an $11.60 fruit cup and yogurt parfait. After my yummy and filling meal(hear the sarcasm), I went to get some magazines and some snacks. As I was finishing my purchase, I dumped the entire contents of my purse out onto the stacks of magazines below. THEN to top it all off, when I gathered all of my things, I hit my head on the way up. Ugg! Well, I have to go so I can catch my plane! I don't want to miss that!

1 comment:

  1. Your post was quite amusing, and I am perfectly capable of overlooking some type-o's given the climate in which you were writing this. This admission, however, is by no means carte blanche. You may not merely say "sorry, Bethany" at the beginning of any blog entry or Facebook post in the hopes of keeping me at bay. I will not stand for it, and I will call you out on abusing the privilege.

    On another note, let me teach you how to pack. I get through security faster than most accomplished frequent fliers.

    ReplyDelete