Friday, May 22, 2009

British Accent vs British Accent

Have you ever had that urge to want to talk in a British accent just for fun? Or answer the phone to an unknown caller using a British accent? I have always wanted to do that, and tonight, I did.
I have been getting this unknown number on my phone and I usually don't answer the number but I was getting pissed off because they were calling so much. Tonight I decide to answer. In the sassiest of British accents I answered, "Hello". On the other end was an equally sassy British accent asking for Shannon. CRAP! THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END IS BRITISH! The British lady continued to speak and said, "I just want you to be aware that this call will be monitored for quality assurance." Bugger! At this point I had to continue with the accent. I tried to say as little as possible, and I did. I was just hoping she was not going to ask me where I was from. I don't know enough about England to answer that question...uh, London...?
So, I got out of that predicament ok with a funny story to add to my blog!
Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. Who was calling? WHO HAD THE ACCENT??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I love using different accents when I read aloud to my cousins, but I've never tried to do it with a stranger.

    Congrats on finishing the 48-hour challenge! I love the chance to get around and see other people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete