Friday, June 5, 2009

The Fourth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge

Check out my other 48hbc updates! :)

I think I must be crazy, but I have decided to partake in the 48 hour Book Challenge. http://www.motherreader.com/2009/06/fourth-annual-48-hour-book-challenge_04.html
Why you ask? Because I have a ton of reading to catch up on and I deserve a break to sit on my butt and not do a darn thing but READ! There are so many great books out there that I have had to put off reading because I have been teaching and now, I have my excuse!. Now, there are times during the challenge, I will have to put down the book, but I will have a book with me at all time!
My starting list is as follows:
Pride Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Faeries of Dreamdark: Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
The Softwire: Wormhole Pirates on Orbis 3 by PJ Haarsma
Nothing But a Smile by Steve Amick
Fool by Christopher Moore

So, wish me luck! You will be hearing from me periodically with updates and reviews! AHH! I am so excited!!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck and you are right - you deserve to sit on your butt and just read! I'm joining in a little later and can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited! I am immersing myself in Magpie's world-Faeries of Dreamdark. It was a bit of a rocky start.
    Good luck to you Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started with a different book than I intended. I wanted to start with some light reading. I originally was going to start with Pride Prejudice and Zombies, but I thought that was a bit heavy to start with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list! We all deserve to sit on our butts and read. That's what it's all about. (Or is that the Hokey Pokey?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. Let me know how the books are

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it IS the Hokey Pokey, but I think sitting on your butt should be part of that game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have been able to grab time here and there to read. I have had a great ride through books over the last three days and met lots of new people through this blogosphere! Continued Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete