Sunday, June 7, 2009

And it continues! :) 48hbc

I woke up this morning early and felt super refreshed so I sat on the couch, grabbed my bowl of cereal and finished two books! I finished Fool by Christopher Moore. Oh, what to say about that book....Christopher Moore is a genius. Fool is the story of King Lear told from the Fool's perspective. For those of you who have read Christopher Moore, his books are full of cuss words and other things that I cannot say here, but it is done in such a humorous style. He included many Shakespearean insults as well as a new twist on the stuffy tragedy King Lear. There are many ongoing jokes that stretch throughout this book. I think my favorite joke is
There's always a bloody ghost" The Fool is being helped by a ghost and is sent on a journey by a ghost because "There's always a bloody ghost" in Shakespearean tragedies. What is cool about the ghost plot, is there is a super cool twist that ties everything together at the end of the book. This book is for those of you who do not get easily offended.

The second book I finished was the graphic novel The Watchmen. My hubby has been trying to get me to read it for a while, so since I had some time on my hands, I did. It was just like the movie. The only thing I didn't get was the pirate plot. It was this whole other story. I guess they made a separate movie for that section too. Makes sense.

I have been reading others blogs as well and I am seeing a trend. It looks like Catching Fire is the book to read. I LOVED Hunger Games and I am jealous of all of you out there who are reading it right now! Sigh, I guess I will have to wait.

Well, on to my next book. I have to finish a manuscript of a friend's book, so I am off! I won't be reviewing that one, but I can tell you it is going to be GREAT!

I am about 13:05 hours in. My finish time is at 2:45 p.m. today. I am hoping to get as much reading in before my time is up!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment